- Muscle relaxation: Magnesium supports muscle relaxation by regulating calcium absorption in the muscle cells. It helps reduce muscle spasms and promote muscle relaxation after intense physical activity.
- Nervous system and stress management: Magnesium has a calming effect on the nervous system and can help with stress management. It supports the production of neurotransmitters important for mood regulation and may help reduce nervousness and stress reactions.
- Bone health: Magnesium is important for bone metabolism. It supports the maintenance of bone density and the formation of strong bone tissue. Adequate magnesium levels are important to prevent bone problems such as osteoporosis.
- Energy Production: Magnesium is involved in several metabolic processes necessary for energy production in the body. It supports carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism and contributes to the efficient use of nutrients.
- Heart Health: Magnesium plays an important role in regulating heart rhythm and contraction of the heart muscle. It supports normal heart function and can help prevent cardiac arrhythmias.
Magnesium is an important mineral for horses and plays a variety of functions in the body. Here are some of the effects and functions of magnesium in horses: