- Shiny coat: Linseed oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, which can help keep a horse's coat shiny and healthy.
- Skin health: The anti-inflammatory properties of omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce skin problems like itching, eczema and flaking.
- Weight Gain: Linseed oil is high in calories and can be a source of extra energy for horses. It can help promote weight gain in underweight horses.
- Digestion support: Flaxseed oil can support digestion and prevent constipation. It has a slightly laxative effect and can stimulate intestinal activity.
- Joint Health: The anti-inflammatory properties of omega-3 fatty acids may also help reduce inflammation and pain in the joints.
Flaxseed oil is sometimes used as a feed supplement for horses to provide various beneficial effects on their health and performance. Here are some of the possible effects of flaxseed oil on horses:
It is important to note that the effects of flaxseed oil may vary depending on the individual horse. It is recommended that before using flaxseed oil or any other supplemental feed for horses, a veterinarian or nutritionist should be consulted to determine the proper dosage and application.