- Healthy Diet: A balanced and healthy diet is crucial to your horse's health. Make sure your horse gets enough hay and/or grass and feed him a ration that is tailored to his individual needs. If necessary, supplementary feeds can also be used.
- Sufficient exercise: Horses are herd animals by nature and need exercise. Make sure your horse gets enough exercise, whether it's through grazing, trail riding, or regular work.
- Regular vet check-ups: Regular vet check-ups can help identify and treat conditions early before they get worse.
- Good hygiene: Good hygiene is important to avoid infectious diseases. Keep your horse's stable and equipment clean and disinfect them regularly.
- Regular deworming: Regular deworming can help prevent parasitic infestations and related diseases.
- Sufficient water: Make sure your horse always has access to sufficient fresh water.
- Regular Dental Care: Regular dental care is important to prevent dental disease. Have your horse's teeth checked regularly by a veterinarian and treated if necessary.
Your horse's health depends on many factors such as diet, exercise and grooming. Here are some tips on how to keep your horse healthy:
By taking care of your horse's health and providing species-appropriate housing and care, you can help your horse live a long and healthy life.